Saturday, May 19, 2007

This is how we do this

Finished the hat at yarn collective last night. Took much flak about finishing the Christmas woolen hat for Kid Brother moving to LA when there's a birthday gift for baby girl born two weeks ago languishing in the bag.

So tonight, ends are woven in. Three blocks are together in a strip. Another strip is being sewn. I'm on my third glass of wine. Too drunk to cast on for my sweater. And I was a little bored. It's been an icky week. And so.

Tonight! The Aaron Sorkin tribute to Jerry Falwell:

"Charo's got a bigger fanbase ... I know the vast majority of people consider Jerry Falwell a spiritual pillar of great and gentle wisdom. I know that most people consider him a scholarly and tolerant man who would never judge others harshly just because they were different. I know that most people find his calm leadership to be a gentle, soothing beacon in a time of great social chaos. His guidance, for instance, on the great purple Teletubby matter was fraught with the kind of theological sophistication that only Jerry Falwell and a cafeteria full of sixth-graders could devise. I know, I'm going way out on a limb, but I think Jerry Falwell's a badass."

I'm considering doing the West Wing equivalent with Mary Marsh and the fake Dr. Laura. But probably not tonight.

Down to five pieces of afghan. Yay. More ends to weave in. Yech.

No comments: