Sunday, September 14, 2008

Leafy lace love.

So I start the Shetland triangle, and it's lovely. My favorite kind of lace, it's easy, it's beautiful, and it follows itself - yarnovers over yarnovers, double decreases stacked, when the pattern repeats it offsets, and it's so cool. Charming, lovely, so in love. I repeated the body chart 12 times and didn't get bored with it.

And then the edging started. And I may be even more in love. I've got about three and a half rows left. And then the bindoff and blocking. I can't wait. Maybe I'll finish today? Then what?

It's been a lovely day for knitting. Dreary and windy and rainy (hi, Ike!), with a day full of sports to watch on the sofa. (The Colts managed a W in the end, and Auburn won last night in perhaps the ugliest game EVER.)

Christmas is coming, as David Reidy reminded me the other day. I will have new family members to knit for before then, so the Xmas list is currently being reformulated. More on that later.

ETA: Finished casting off around 10pm tonight. Still need to deal with ends and block. Still love it.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hey, Janet...

Drop me an email at eamon1916 at gmail.com

Got a question for you...

Mandie's Rob.