Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Something amazing and something else.

So a couple Christmases ago, I coveted an awesome pair of socks knit by the Yarn Harlot. I decided to copy them, as they're essentially a stitch pattern shoved into a sock recipe, and I can totally do that. I just didn't get around to it. I had great yarn for it, though. Fantastic yarn - some of my first from Blue Moon. Those socks were totally Next for a year or more.

So when I decided to join in the personal sock club movement back in March, all my Next socks went in. There's still some awesome yarn in my cabinet for it. Like, more than there should be if I were on the sock-a-month schedule. Whoops.

These were the first socks I pulled from the cabinet. I love them. I finished them a week or so ago.

IMG_0842

I love them. I'm almost afraid to wear them.

The second pair of socks from my personal club are far less precious. I stuck them in because I wanted a smattering of plain socks in the cabinet, and my work socks always wear through pretty quick. I kind of hated the yarn, despite the nice stripeyness. I finished them at a math conference this weekend and wore them the next day.

IMG_0843

So there you are. A couple finished pairs of socks. And thus ends my Black Sock Phase. I'm definitely taking some time before the next pair of black socks. I started two pairs of socks this weekend - blue with sparkles and pink. Better.

No comments: