Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Last year I had a resolution that I didn't keep, and I'm a little bummed on that count - new handspun socks would be cool, although last year's are kind of amazing and I'm glad to have them still. I do have more handspun sock yarn, so next year, that'll happen.

On the other hand, I did do some awesome stuff this year. Favorite projects include the fantastic mittens I just finished, and several pretty great pairs of socks. I finished the green sweater that's now a wardrobe staple for me, and managed to win the Knitting Olympics.

One thing I realized this year is that the fun part of all this fiber stuff for me is in learning to do new things. I remember sitting in Abby Franquemont's spinning class in September and feeling the kind of mental exercise I used to get in Doug Leonard's coding theory classes. I definitely have decided to take more classes in the coming year, including another trip to Knitting Camp, if possible. I'm considering another run at Sock Summit, but we'll see. I also learned to weave, which has been fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing where that takes me.

Best wishes to all in 2011, friends. Thanks for reading.

No comments: