Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh dear.

I took a weaving workshop. It's a three-day intensive, and Peg and I took the first day a couple weeks early due to work schedules. Day one was all about learning weaving - the terminology and the capabilities and the various how-to's involved in operating the loom. We tried weave patterns and a bunch of different yarns in a sampler on pre-warped 4-harness looms.

Yesterday and today were the second and third days. We started with winding warp, and threading the loom. We wound on by lunchtime, and this is what I had:

IMG_0690

I started weaving, and soon had this:
IMG_0694

Peg came by and took a picture of me, and this one cracked me up.
IMG_0695

What? Weaving is serious business!

Our fabulous teacher, Benita, has posted the wrapup of everyone's work in her blog (And FYI, she's doing another workshop next month!). I finished up this morning, and went home with instructions for a light fulling. If possible, I love the scarf more now - the weave tightened up and bloomed and it's just lovely.

I'm in so much trouble. I loved doing this. I think I need a loom. And another two or three days in a week.

1 comment:

Scott Story said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like done! Hurry! :)

And, you're right. That pic that Peg took of you is awesome!

Benita