Sunday, August 24, 2008

Olympic Insanity, Day 17: In Which We End

Sort of.

Noon status

Here are five strips and the start of the sixth. This is status as of noon today, the "official" end of the Ravelympics. So yes, I did not "win." I lost, I failed, I fell short.

But seriously? I have most of an afghan. At an ordinary gauge. Faster than I've ever done an afghan before, because I fully expect this to be finished this week. And I really can't beat myself up about that.

This picture was supposed to be a portrait of failure. But I have most of an afghan taking up most of my living room, and I've done that remarkably quickly. And that's kind of awesome.

And I've learned a lot about myself, and the way I work, and what I like and what I want to do. But I'll post about that later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am impressed. Apparently, deadlines -- even insane ones -- make a huge difference. So the fact that I want to make an afghan for Christmas but haven't even picked a pattern yet, let alone gotten yarn... makes your progress inspiring.

laurie said...

Hey--you did great--you are 5 strips, almost six ahead of where you were 17 days ago....
High 5!!!!

sclark223 said...

You know, it reminds me of the lanes in the Olympic pool...was that the plan?