Tuesday, July 17, 2007

As requested



From left to right: Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade, Lemon-Lime, and Pink Lemonade. Yes, I like lemon. I'm thinking something made from these must be called "Lemon Twist," even without any yellow. Or maybe that's the twist? There's a little tie-dye effect from bad skein tying on my part, but I'm ok with it.

I finished two socks on Sunday. One toe was only kitchenered, the other involved half a foot worth of knitting (the part of the sock, not the measure), the toe, and the kitchener afterward.



Monkeys are done! But for weaving in ends, but I think I do that at knit night now. It's so much nicer with company, and that way people get to see my FO's as soon as they're done.



One breeze and the heel of another. This heel is turned and the gusset is picked up, though you can't see it. I realized somewhere that I lost two rows of the chart TWICE, so I figured I'd just kick them out for the second sock too. They do look "alarmingly long and narrow," don't they? Lots of lateral stretch, though, so they should be okay. I may need to make myself a pair. We'll see. I'm actively looking for what's next in socks. These'll be done by the end of the week if the second sock goes like the first.



Still boring. And now they're plain stockinette. I realized a couple days ago that the ball band shows regular narrow stripes. I'm waiting for a second stripe. I need to knit for it to happen, though.

A guy at work did internet research this morning to verify that I know what I'm talking about with prob and stat. I had to laugh a little and try very hard to not be offended. He doesn't know me, after all. :)

2 comments:

Knit Wit said...

I really love those colors. What's the yarn? What are you going to make with it?

janet said...

The yarn is Paton's Classic Merino, and I'm not sure yet what this will be. I love the candy-coloredness of it though!