Monday, July 30, 2007

Stockinette and something else

Yeah. I'm plugging away at the grey sock that I'm really starting to like, although I realized that since I didn't know the yarn would really stripe when I started knitting, I have pretty much no way of making the stripes match up. I hope Dad can live with fraternal socks. Chris won't use them, he says colored socks make his feet itch. I was telling Mom this, and she said her dad, my Granddaddy, used to say the same thing.

And I'm still in love with the ridiculously bright drawstring bag. It's really just like a big sock without ribbing or shaping and with a row of eyelets, but I don't care. I love it. I'm looking forward to the three-needle bind off; I've never done one before.

I am reading Ender's Game for the umpteenth time before I reread Deathly Hallows. I'm not sure why I decided I needed to do that, but I'm finding similarities.

No comments: