Monday, August 20, 2007

Finishing socks is so cool

I knit and kitchenered two toes today. Which means that the Fawkes socks are done!



I kind of want to take them off, wash them and block them, but they're yummy to wear on this cool rainy day, so maybe later? I started these on the first, so they were quick.

And I also finished the first stripey sock.



I got a lamp for my living room yesterday, and so the necessity of the plain stockinette sock option is not so dire, but these are nifty and I want to see whether they turn out fraternal or identical, so we'll see how fast the second one goes.

I will be prepared for winter this year. Not like last year, when getting warm boots didn't occur to me till February, and the warm socks I bought in November didn't fit comfortably. I should probably work on my sweater some too, huh?

So we're 8 weeks into Summer of Socks, and I have 7 socks finished, and pieces of two others. Not a bad summer's work. We'll see how the next four weeks go.

1 comment:

Paige Darling said...

Yay! Your fawkes socks look great! So does the stripey one....you must be so proud...