Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Summer socks

What the rest of the world is apparently calling a dangerous heat wave, I am calling "THANK GOD summer is FINALLY here!"

I am not fooled. This glorious heat won't last. I won't get months of it on end like I did back home. We'll go back to the sad and wimpy 80 degree summer days, at least until fall and winter come - earlier than I'd like. I will be more prepared this year. I am knitting socks. All the socks currently on the needles are FOR ME! (Did I mention I ganked the grey dad xmas sock's needles to start self-striping ones for me?) And maybe somehow the heat in which I knit them will be magically conserved and when I'm freezing my toes off this winter, my socks will be able to transfer this fantastic yummy summer heat to my poor frigid tootsies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm SOOO glad to see another displaced-to-Indy knitter! I thought I was the only one who was firmly convinced that Indy doesn't have any kind of a real summer. :)

Congrats on the socks! Send me a little of your sock mojo so I can get back to mine! :)