Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend knitting

I haven't touched a sock since Thursday at knit night.

I know, it's uncharacteristic. Friday I hardly knit at all, and when I did, I cast on the Snowball Hat from the new Interweave Knits. After Friday night at home, and Saturday's Stitch 'n Sip, it was done. But I didn't like it. So I pulled out the top this morning and added a repeat of the pattern and reworked the decreases so that they seemed more natural to me. It was extreme knitting happening this afternoon, I almost didn't make it. But I did, and it's done, it covers my ears and I'm happy with it now. It still needs ends woven in, but I managed to hide them for this picture:



It's my Lemon Twist hat. All yarn was dyed with somewhat lemon-flavored Kool-Aid. And it should amuse me through the winter. If it doesn't, I'm sure I can whip up another hat some weekend. Yay for that.

1 comment:

Knit Wit said...

I totally knew you were going to end up re-doing the top. It was ok before but I knew you wouldn't want to leave it :) Looks much better now!